Voting has begun for Round #001
; Case #07
• You must vote for 1 SET of icons of lesser quality
for elimination (1 icon maker will be eliminated), and for 1 ICON that is your favorite
. Please evaluate the elimination icon set based on overall technique and aesthetic quality, not
personal preference (such as favorite color, or the icon maker you think made the icon). We reserve the right to void any vote we feel is unfair or petty. You do not have to give a reason for your favorite icon choice (though it is encouraged), but you must give reasons for your elimination
• We encourage you to be as detailed as possible in your icon elimination critiques. Many participants here are looking to improve, and since we will allow participants to see their comments once results are posted, your opinion will help any aspiring icon maker. All votes are screened, so please be as honest and objective as possible. No icon maker will ever know who voted for or against them, and all icon critiques will remain completely anonymous.
• Do not
vote for your own icon, do not feel obligated to vote for your friends' icons, and do not get your friends to vote for you. Do not
vote in a strategic manner. Keep things as objective as possible. Please look very carefully at each icon while you are voting, and please double-check your votes to make sure you've used the correct numbers in your voting comment. Votes are not weighted, so order does not matter.
• Here is an example vote for you to follow (1 set elimination, 1 icon favorite);
- The negative space is both icons distracting rather than drawing the eye to the subjects.
- Good use of space and text. Please be considerably more detailed than this, however. You must write at least two lines for each comment in order for your vote to be considered.
Your comments for negative votes must constructive and non-insulting, and remember that negative votes are NOT to be based on personal preference. If you need additional assistance with voting, please see this comprehensive voting tutorial
• ANYONE MAY VOTE
. You do not have to be a contestant to vote! We encourage as many people to vote as possible so that the results are as fair as possible.
• Voting for Case #07
will end Tuesday, October 2nd at 7:00 PM EDT (-5:00 BST).SET #01
If you have any questions, you may ask them here.
Good luck to the participants!